Pages

June 1, 2011

Two...

My baby is two now.  Two seems like such a turning point to me.  No longer can I pretend that she is a baby, no longer can she get into movies free or onto airplanes without a ticket.  Lizzy is officially a toddler who reminds me of all she can do by herself every day.  "I do dat!"  It's a little sad to move past the baby stage but oh so fun to watch her embark on the journey of toddlerhood.

All smiles- it's party time!
We went with a cowgirl theme since Lizzy is a little pink clad cowgirl at heart.  I made a horse cake and pink boot and hat cookies.  Isaiah had his doubts about the cake but admitted in the end that it really did look like a horse.

Birthday treats

Modeling her new rain boots.... and pony ride for cousin Isabelle

she's got this birthday candle thing figured out

cute cousins- the ritual photo on the couch
Lizzy has recently discovered princesses.  Ever since Kyle told her the girl in Tangled was a princess she  has been eager to point out a princess or request a princess movie- (something we don't have a lot of). Here she is in her new princess headband.

Yay!  I'm two! and I have chocolate cake! and I'm a princess!!!

Lizzy shares a birthday with my mom, which is really fun.  Two special gals born on the same day.  I really liked these pictures despite the mysterious yellow spot on Lizzy.  I tried to photoshop it out but no luck.  Oh well.

Me and the birthday girls


We took a walk later in the day and Lizzy insisted on wearing her baby doll in a front carrier like Auntie Meg.  She LOVES her babies.  She got a couple new babies for her birthday, plus a carrier bed and a fun little diaper bag.  It has a cute little box of wipes that she is very good at wiping her babies buns' with.  Stay tuned- I think we may be potty training soon.  If she can take care of her babies bathroom needs I'm betting she could take care of her own.  But then that would definitely confirm that she really isn't a baby anymore... hmmmm... maybe we'll wait another couple weeks.

Busy little momma
Well, this momma is definitely pretty head-over-heels for her sweet little two year old.  I know you can't stay little forever Liz-boo but don't grow up too fast, ok.  Happy Birthday princess!  We love you!

Elizabeth Joy


4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, you seem to be mourning the loss of babyhood......maybe its time for another!
    Happy Birthday sweet Lizzy! We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Lizzy! What fun it has been to witness up close her baby to toddler transformation :) I agree with Holly...maybe Lizzy needs to be a big sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's decided then, Lizzy needs a real baby brother or sister - I am the third in agreement. Love ya! -CC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading this blog kinda made me tear up. Lizzy is just so precious and is growing so big. Dad and I loved watching Lizzy turn two! Mom

    ReplyDelete