Pages

August 23, 2011

Revisiting Summer Memories

"What we remember from childhood, we remember forever- permanent ghosts, stamped, inked, imprinted, eternally seen."       -Cynthia Ozick




We were on the east side of the mountains last week for a little vacation with my family.  Ahhh, the dry heat and sunshine.  We had a great time.  I fully enjoyed revisiting some of my favorite summer memories from childhood, and even more fun getting to share them with my kids and make new memories with them.  They seemed to love it as much as I always have...

*  Swimming at the Sproule's pool- many a summer day was spent here (thanks Camille and Bill for inviting us up)
*  A day at the Chelan waterslides- I love this place!
*  Playing No Bears Out Tonight in the backyard- a summer staple at our house
*  Picking green beans from the garden and helping snap them
*  Introducing the boys to Swiss Family Robinson- that tree house never ceases to amaze me
*  The Omak Stampede and Suicide Race
*  Running with my sister
*  Camping at Pearygin Lake- we camped here about twice a year growing up
*  Eating ice cream cones in Winthrop
*  Hiking in the North Cascades- my favorite place to hike
*  Floating down the river- the boys loved this!


Hiking to Cutthroat Lake






Proposal site- we had to take the arbor down


Liberty Bell

Country Bike Ride- the best kind




Rockin' her headband while throwing rocks


Proof that Isabelle doesn't ALWAYS cry when uncle kyle holds her



Chillin'

Pirate Party!


The Birthday Boys

the newly engaged couple

Yep, that's right my baby brother just got engaged!  We all love Meghan and can't wait to have her join the family.  We got to go on a double date with them to the Omak Rodeo.  Yehaw!

Man, Eric you're really tall in cowboy boots!



Eric and Meghan

Pretty ring


Well, that's a lot of pictures and it's just a sampling of the ones I took.  It's wonderful to have pictures to document the moments of our lives but my hope is that moments and memories like these would be burned in the hearts and minds of my kids and will be carried with them their whole lives through.  Thanks for a wonderful vacation everyone!

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful family memories in a much-loved spot! Thanks Em, for sharing some of your photos. (Personally, I'd love to see them all)
    Debbie G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote and love your photos. Dad and I had a great time making new memories and savoring the old. Great idea for a summer vacation Em! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun blog and great photos as always Em!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete