Pages

May 4, 2011

Birthday Extravaganza- part 1

Someone had a birthday at our house this weekend.  Can you guess who?  I'll give you a hint, he's in first grade, reddish/blonde hair, blue eyes, sweet smile, likes legos... Yep, it was Isaiah's highly anticipated BIG day.  I can't believe my little man is seven years old!  I love watching Isaiah grow and I'm excited to watch him become the man he was created to be, I'm just not in any hurry.  When birthdays come around I'm reminded how much I want to suck every last drop out of every day of their childhood.  Someone once said to me, and I was reminded about it just the other day- raising kids is about long days but short years.  It's so true!

Birthday boy with his cake

Ever since Miss Erika made him one during his first year of preschool Isaiah has wanted a birthday crown.  This year he requested a Lego Ninja with face mask drawn on the front.  The crown above met his approval and Luke was pretty amazed that I had drawn the ninja and not daddy.  We also had specific requests for a birthday present waiting on the table in the morning, Cocoa Puffs for breakfast and Lego Ninjas fighting on his cake.



God's birthday gift to Isaiah was a beautiful sunny day- it was glorious wasn't it?  Just perfect for a backyard bbq with the grandparents and aunties and uncles (and cousin Isabelle- but she slept through most of it)




New Freckles!  Can you see them?






Isabelle finally woke up in time for Lizzy to get her baby fix.  These just make me smile.



hit another big milestone today to coincide with turning the ripe old age of seven... he lost his first tooth!  Finally!  When I got to school this afternoon to pick him up he ran straight towards me (this is unusual, he is usually in no hurry to get home and is running anywhere but towards me) and opened his mouth wide.  His tooth had popped out while he was wiggling it at his desk.  The funny thing is there is not the big gap you might normally see because his adult tooth has been coming in behind the baby tooth for a couple months now.  My sources tell me the tooth fairy will be leaving a note and a $2 bill under Isaiah's pillow, so if the going rate for teeth at your house is higher, please don't feel like you need to share that information with him.  I think the low budget tooth fairy visits our house.

First lost tooth!


Happy Birthday Isaiah!  We love you!





No comments:

Post a Comment