Pages

January 19, 2012

Snowed (Iced) in!

That title makes it sound like we have 10 foot snow drifts blocking our door or something.  It really isn't that bad.  I grew up in Eastern WA after all, where we never got a snow day and we had sleds and cross country skis at school.  I also just saw on Facebook that a friend of mine lost power, got stuck in the snow driving to her in-laws and then went into labor.  I can't compete with that story but... I haven't left home in three days and I'm getting a little stir crazy.  I'm a little jealous that Kyle has gotten out in the old truck a couple times a day.  Unfortunately we can't fit our whole family in there.  Don't get me wrong, I love getting cozy at home with the family and I'm really glad our house is still warm and we haven't lost power.  We have however lost a few branches, as I'm sure most people around here have.  I finally got out and took a walk by myself this afternoon.  It was nice to get a little fresh air...  here's our tree a little weighted down by the ice, a couple more branches have broken since then.













Ice at night
Well, Kyle and Isaiah are home from school again tomorrow.  I can't believe they've haven't gone to school all week!  It feels like one really long weekend.  Looking forward to more games, books, hot cocoa and maybe a trip to the grocery store.  Hope everyone else is staying safe and warm.  Thankful for my cozy bed tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Your poor tree! We heard about the ice on the news. We used to have storms like that in Portland. But,I'm jealous.. I wish we had a snow day now and then. It sounds cozy. Have a good weekend! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are really pretty though! :) Loved the snowman on the bike! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete