Pages

February 18, 2012

A Pinterest-ing Valentine's

I may have mentioned that I kind of have a thing for Pinterest these days.  I just think it's so fun to pin cute little fun ideas to my boards.  If I could have a room full of bulletin boards in my house I would.  But since that isn't very practical Pinterest is a perfect alternative.  I've heard it said that Pinterest can be addicting and that may be true... but if you follow the right people 5 minutes is all I need to find some great stuff.  The one downside is I now have ideas for redecorating every room in my house... but on the up side we've started drinking green smoothies for breakfast- so it's all good.  It's funny the things you find out about people on Pinterest too.  This week I found out my cousin was engaged after noticing all the wedding ideas she was pinning.  Congrats Carissa!!!  Anyway, I did try out a few things from Pinterest for Valentines day.  We had a day full of hearts... starting with breakfast.


We had the heart shaped egg-in-a-hole last year but this year I added the heart shaped bacon.  It was as tasty as it is cute.  Someday I should have Kyle blog about bacon... he has a lot to say on that subject.

Isaiah got a heart shaped sandwich in his lunch and then we all joined him at school for his Valentine's party.




I brought the heart shaped watermelon... and we had some left-over for dinner too, which was...


Individual heart shaped pizzas.  Mmmmm!  Complete with heart shaped pepperoni.


Notice that most everything here involves food?  Hmmmm... and I didn't even take pictures of the m&m cookie bars I made or the heart shaped jello jigglers.  We try to eat healthy most the time, we really do!  I did make one non-food related item.


A felt heart wreath courtesty of... you guessed it, Pinterest.

The best part of the day though was not eating hearts (although good) but spending the day with the ones who fill my heart!  It's such a blessing any day of the year to be loved by all my sweeties and to love them back.  I love you Kyle, Isaiah, Luke and Lizzy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! We did the heart pizza with heart pepperoni too!! Kids loved it... then I made real food for Ben and I ;) Love you guys and miss you. Talk soon?

    ReplyDelete