Pages

April 17, 2011

A visitor...

Oh, what a glorious weekend.  We had a visitor... and his name was Mr. Sun.  And he is one visitor that can never wear out his welcome.  If I could get him to move in permanently I would.  It was so nice to bask in his rays today and get a little much needed Vitamin D.  This morning we checked out the new play area at Wright Park- it's quite nice and Sunday morning seems to be a pretty safe time to go.  Next we hit the waterfront for a run. Then home for lunch and yard work before church.  Kyle cleaned up my little garden and I planted the peas, spinach and lettuce.  Yay!  It finally felt a little bit like spring!

In the spirit of spring, we also headed up to the Skagit valley on Saturday to see the flowers.  The purpose of the trip originally had to do with a bike exchange in Bellingham. (post to follow)  We have never been to the Tulip Festival before so I agreed to the trip only if suggested we stop to experience the tulips in all their glory.  It was pouring rain when we got to Mt. Vernon so we sailed on past the line of cars trying to exit on the shoulder and stopped on our way home instead.  By this time our kids were starting to exhibit the telltale signs of exhaustion and hunger (AKA "spazzing out" for lack of a better term)  At one point as we were walking in the fields and Isaiah was belting out a new song he was making up at that moment, an elderly gentleman leaned over to me and said, "He could win American Idol someday!"  So that's a positive I guess.  There was lots of people and lots of mud but it was very pretty and another fun adventure.    Here's a couple pictures.

Daffodils! 






Tulips!






I loved the bright strip of pink by the tractor


Lizzy girl


Getting a little squirrelly 


And I think it's time to go

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! My favorite is Lukey being squirrelly, but I also like Lizzy in the last one with Kyle. Q: How did you guys run with three kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I was just telling dad I wanted to go see the tulips sometime. Maybe some year when the North Cascades Hwy opens in time. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete