Pages

March 24, 2011

Coming out of the fog

Well friends and family, I think we're finally coming out of the fog.  I feel like the last week has been a haze.  What day is it again?  I'm still trying to get my bearings.  During the last week of sickness I have totally lost track of:
-how many times I have taken someones temperature
-how many doses of children's Tylenol and ibuprofen I've administered
-how many movies we've watched
-how many different sleeping situations we've had (Lizzy in bed with me, Kyle on the floor in the boys room, Kyle and Luke on the couch, Luke in our bed, me in Luke's bed...)

I think this was the first time that all three of our kids have been flat-on-your-face sick at the exact same time.  Kyle and I did everything we could to avoid catching the bug, downing vitamins like crazy and chugging water, but after 5 nights of pretty much no sleep our bodies finally succumbed to the ickiness.  This one definitely was a doozy.

But things are looking up.  Last night everyone slept in their own beds for almost the whole night.  I am wearing jeans instead of sweats and I did my hair today.  Luke is well enough to go back to preschool tomorrow.  The younger kiddos and I made it out of the house to the grocery store where we bumped into our good friend Mrs. Bee and her two youngsters who have also been battling this bug.  I am planning on making a real meal tonight for the first time in a week.  The sun is shining and it's a new day!  I'm so glad!  Here's a couple photos from the last week- I didn't take many.

Our kitchen counter looked like a drug store...


Here's the green eggs and ham I made for St. Patrick's Day that Debbie Dora ended up eating because no one else felt like eating eggs.


We did manage to keep a quick day trip to Portland we had planned with our friends the Nelson's thanks to Nana and Papa who watched our sick kids.  We had some great car time and we discovered how much we LOVE the Nike employee store!  AND, I only needed two coffees and a cherry pepsi to keep from falling asleep. (not for lack of great company of course)  We can't wait to go back!

a stop by the river to stretch our legs and enjoy the sun with Jess and Amanda (and baby Kate- can't to meet her!)

Thanks to everyone who was thinking about us and praying for us to get better.  It was very much appreciated!  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment