Pages

March 16, 2011

Raindrops keep falling on my head...

Raindrops keep falling on my head, after last night I wish that I could have stayed in bed, da da da da daaaa da!  Let me just say for the record that while I am truly very thankful I did not just go through an earthquake and a tsunami, the weather has got me a bit down.  It's kind of a common phenomenon this time of year around these parts.  Call me common, I don't care- I'm ready for some pleasant weather.  Ready for a backyard that isn't soggy, ready for the dog to stop tracking muddy paw prints all over the kitchen floor, ready to trade in the raincoat for some sun glasses.

Today there actually was a little sun break and I would have taken full advantage of it except that Isaiah was home sick from school and Lizzy and I were recovering after she was up all night throwing up. (hence the wishing I could have stayed in bed part above)  The poor little thing.  It was her first real experience with puking and she let us know that she did not enjoy it.  "No, No! Aw none, aw none!"(all done) she would feverishly cry every time, pushing away the bowl I had brought upstairs.  It was a restful night.

With Lizzy down and Isaiah spending the whole day on the couch we were relieved that Luke was still bouncing around like a hot piece of popcorn.  Until dinner that is when he started complaining that his tummy hurt.  This is not an unusual complaint for him so we figured he just wanted a little of the extra attention everyone else was getting.  By bedtime his temp was 103.  Guess he wasn't faking it after all.

As I have been folding laundry and writing this Isaiah has come downstairs twice in tears because his hands feel weird.  I think they feel numb although it's hard to get a good description out of him.  Apparently it feels like his hands are falling apart.  He's quite distressed about it, but I guess I'd be scared too if I thought my hands were falling apart.  I'm assuming they just fell asleep because he was laying on them funny but if anyone knows something about numb hands that I don't know please let me know.

Well, I think I'll get some sleep. (I hope)  I'll leave you with this picture below.  I have it on my computer screen right now because it makes me happy and thankful and peaceful.  Until the real sun comes back this will have to do.

"Knight King" Lukey at Cannon Beach last summer

1 comment:

  1. So sorry the house is sick! Love the picture, it makes me feel better looking at it too. HB

    ReplyDelete