Pages

February 14, 2011

Happy Heart Day!

Happy Heart Day everyone!  Hope you had a LOVE filled day!  I personally love any reason to celebrate, especially if it involves food.  We spent the weekend making and frosting millions of heart shaped sugar cookies.  Luke took some for his preschool party today and Kyle took a bunch for his high school kids.  Of course we also kept a couple for ourselves.  I made the kids a festive breakfast of heart-shaped egg in a hole and berry smoothies.  Mmmmm... smoothies.




It was one of those mornings where it felt like there was lots of things to remember- lunches, Valentine's, class party snacks, Isaiah's free dress (Valentine colors instead of  his uniform).  It was one of those mornings that I wanted to be there directing traffic, packing backpacks, getting Lizzy up and putting her in a fun little outfit, dropping everyone off at school, but alas I had to go to work.  Now don't get me wrong, I really am not trying to complain.  Hubby and I have had plenty of talks about gratitude in this arena.  I am so thankful that I have a profession where it's possible for me to work just one day a week.  I am SO happy that I get to be home with my kids the majority of the time, especially after someone I love pointed out to me that 75% of moms in my age bracket work full time outside of the home.  I also have some AMAZING people watch my kiddos who love them, play games with them, bring treats, leave us dinner  and probably keep a closer eye on my adventurous children than I ever do.  (Big shout out to Papa, Auntie Deb, and Erika!) I work with some amazing and fun coworkers and I'm helping people live fuller healthier lives.  It's a sweet deal! But no matter how great it is, when the alternative is this...


or on some days it could be this...


...there really is no question where I'd rather be.  I mean really-  can anything compete with those cute little faces?  I think not.  I actually did enjoy my day at Cardiac Rehab today and there was one thing that made it even brighter.

flowers from my love
 

Yep, that's right, I got a special delivery from a not so secret admirer, my sweet hubby.  I can't even remember the last time I had flowers delivered, I think it's happened to me one other time in my life when Kyle and I were dating.  It was fun.  It made me smile.  It made me feel young again.  Thanks babe!  You're the best!  In return I made him a gluten free lasagna and we enjoyed a fun night with the family!



Kisses!

  It was a very good day. XOXO and Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

See ya later!
 

 


1 comment:

  1. Can i have that egg thing for my next birthday breakfast? Also, I am impressed by Lukey's "surfer-ish" hairstyle as of lately. Keep it growing, Lukey! Keep it growing!

    ReplyDelete