Pages

February 21, 2011

Long weekends- oh how I love thee!

Well folks, just a quick post tonight before I hit the sack.  I loved the long weekend but I am pooped!

Reason #1-  I've had a sore throat and cough for about a week now.  I don't know about you but coughing wears me out.  I think everyone in my house is ready for me to be done too.  To sooth the throat and stop the cough I've been drinking fluids nonstop, which means I've been visiting the bathroom nonstop.  Ugh!

Reason #2- We had a busy, fun filled weekend.  The cough couldn't put a damper on a visit from my parents.  The kids love it when they come for a "sleep-over" as Lukey calls it.  We were so glad they got to stay for two nights and the kids made the most of it by getting up nice and early to play.  (Although Isaiah came downstairs this morning and with a big stretch announced, "I was pretty tired so I decided to sleep in today"  It was 7:13am.)  We enjoyed some sun at the park, a big family dinner, a trip to Northwest Trek and lots of fun time together.  Kyle was especially happy that my dad got up on the roof with him to finish scraping the moss off. Luke and Isaiah got in lots of loud, rowdy games of "pig pile"with Grampa and Lizzy was glued to Grammy Bee all two days.  We LOVE Grammy Bee and Grampa so much and are always sad when it's time to say goodbye.  Thanks for the great visit!

   
Lizzy was so excited to hold her cousin Isabelle
Fun at the park with Grampa


after morning bath snuggles

Me, after a fitful night of coughing-  just kidding!  (kind of)

Well, it's Niquil and bed for me.  Hope everyone out there had a wonderful weekend!

love, Em


4 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! Love the bear picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt a bit grizzly this morning as well as Lane announced (about the same time as Isaiah) that HE had slept in too. Ummm, nice try buckaroo!(; Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em, Dad and I had a great weekend also. Those sweet little voices, warm hugs and busy playtimes are the best things in life! Hope you are feeling better. Thanks for a wonderful weekend! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete