Pages

February 17, 2011

Photo shoot and a bribe or two

After getting my new camera in December I had been itching to take some pictures outside.  A couple of my friends got me a photography book for my birthday and I wanted to try out some of the things that were just barely starting to gel in my mind.  Everything I've read and everyone I've talked to has assured me that natural light is best... and there in lies my problem.  I live in Tacoma. And it's winter.  I wanted to take pictures of the kids but finding a window of time that it isn't pouring rain, the kids are ALL in halfway decent moods, no one has a bruise on their face and their hair has been washed within the week can be a little tricky.  So, when it looked like we were in store for a sun break one weekend I pounced.  Dad was pretty easy to convince of my plan but I knew the kids would take a little more finesse.  " Hey guys, I know!  Lets go to one of your favorite parks to play today- the CASTLE park!  And afterwards we can go get a fun treat!  Oh, and real quick, right before you play, mommy will take some pictures of you!  FUN!!!"  Now some people may call this a bribe, (and a sneaky one at that) but I prefer to call it knowing your kids motivation.  Any good parent or leader does it.  Isaiah and Luke are motivated by treats, seeing their friends, doing fun things and the Wii.  Lizzy doesn't quite get the concept yet of waiting for what she wants so she's a little tricky.  Anyway, the bribe/motivation worked pretty well to get them out the door.  I thought I'd share a couple of pictures from the day.

Lizzy, Luke and Isaiah

  

Brothers and best buds- how did they get so big?

Oh they make me smile

look how she's holding his finger- melts a momma's heart


  

  

Amazingly they sat still long enough to get a few pictures.  They did get a little squirrely though and there was plenty of running around and a bit of monkey business.  I was very glad I had my assistant with me.




And they did enjoy their play time at the park and the treat from Metro Market later.  All in all I think it was a win for everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Emily you have such cute kids and you did an awesome job photographing them!! I have a good camera but have to admit that I have never taken the time to really learn how to use it. I guess I better start doing some research :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you started a blog! It will be so fun getting a glimpse of your family. They are getting so big! I love your pictures - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Nice job Emily!

    Christy Allen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures!! Isaiah looks a bit like a GQ model in a few! My fav is the one of lukey jumping!

    ReplyDelete