Pages

February 13, 2011

It only took me until February...

Friends and family.... this blog is for you!  To open to you a little window into the comings and goings of our life here at the Grunenfelder house.  It was a New Years goal of mine to start a blog and although I realize it is February, I'm rejoicing because it's ONLY February.  A little over a month late is not too shabby right?  At least its not October or November.  I will admit right out of the gun that I am not super technically savvy so we're learning as we go here.  BTW if anyone wants to help me come up with a neat blog header I'd be all for it. :)

I probably wouldn't be doing any of this if it wasn't for my number one motivator... my hubby.  A couple months ago he surprised me with a birthday/Christmas present, even though we had said we weren't getting each other anything.  (I hate it one he does that- but I also love it when he does that)  He sold his bike on ebay and bought me a sparkly nice new camera.  My first reaction was, "What!! You sold your bike!?!  You can't sell your bike!!"  I know how much he loves having a bike. (more on this topic later)  But the damage had been done, the bike had already been shipped to it's new owner who loves and appreciates it very much, so what could I do but start taking pictures?  Along with the surprise gift came a birthday card. Now I have to say that my hubby is the best card writer in the world.  Really... its true.  If there was a card writing contest I am confident that he would win.  He always covers the entire surface of the the card with his (quite small) writing and says wonderful and perfect things.  If you know him at all you know that my husband has no problem with communication.  My favorite is when he makes his own cards- or has his class make me cards.  Maybe someday I'll post a couple of my favorites from over the years.  Anyway, back to the topic on hand.  In this year's wonderful birthday card he explained that it was important to him to get me a camera so that I can record our story- to "record our life, record our adventures."  Life zips by, the kids are growing up so fast, each day is a gift, and I want to remember those simple, everyday moments in this journey that we're on.  So I'm excited to continue to learn how to use my new camera to chronicle our lives.  I'm excited to see things in my family that I might not have noticed before.  I'm excited to have a place to record the growth of my kids because photo albums have just not been happening.  I'm excited to give our parents and family a way to feel close even when they are far away.  Join us in our journey if you wish... it will be fun to see where our story goes.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!! Can't wait for this up-and-coming blog to continue posting. Well done. Simple, classy, cute and effective---much like its owner. Excited to see the cards that have been created! I had no idea. Love mrs bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana and papa really enjoyed the journey through pictures and stories. They were such beautiful pictures. Em, your photography skills are amazing as are your "mommy" skills! We are so delighted to have you as part of our family. Also...would love to have copies of some of the pictures. I'd like to get some of them enlarged.,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Super fun! Now I'm really motivated!

    ReplyDelete